October 30, 2012

I LOVE PAINTING AS WELL AS POTTERY


As well as pottery my other love is painting, so I have tried my hand at painting on some of my pots using underglaze before they are bisque fired.  In case there is a problem with the firing, I photographed them for my records.  

The background is not too hot as it was a last minute decision at pottery on Monday and I didn't have any special backing. 

 With the exception of the two triple sets, all the others have been thrown on the wheel.   The flat ones are plate/dish shapes about 8-9 cms in height.  As a newbie, I was not unhappy with the results, still can't seem to throw anything taller than about 20cms in height, but I'm trying.











9 comments:

  1. I love your paintings on your pots! Just gorgeous!! :) Cheers Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Annie, it's good to get some feedback.

      Delete
  2. Looking great Annie !
    LOVE having your contributing to Mud Colony-
    Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adriana, hope to catch up on Sunday. Will be on the lookout for you.

      Delete
  3. Annie, they are very nice and the background, that rustic look, works beautifully for me. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, I am on the lookout for more images to paint.

      Delete
  4. Thanks fellow potters, it's been a struggle between the urge to paint and the crazy addiction I have to make more pots. So, these
    were the result of the combination. I'm now waiting to see how they bisque fire and glaze before I can relax. In the meantime, I keep getting more and more inspired with more ideas. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your designs are fresh and charming! Don't get discouraged at the sizes you are able to throw. At some point you will find yourself throwing a pot twice as big and probably wonder how you got there.....little steps, grasshopper, litle steps,

    What temp do your fire your glaze to? I am probably going to try to convert you to low-fire majolica if you aren't already there.

    I came here via Mud Colony.....spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I took a leap and threw a bigger lump of clay this week and hooray! 2 larger pots resulted. At the moment I am using underglaze for my designs on raw pots currently being fired at the local studio, so all I know is cone 06 for bisque, not sure what cone for glazing. I don't really know much about majolica. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete